Friday, February 17, 2006

Life: Rang De Basanti


The word "Basanti" is a definite indication of the color of India, color of youth, color of "josh" which is the ultimate message of the movie.

Although there is one unified statement in any art form which the creator himself conveys but I strongly feel any art form may it be cinema or painiting creates subjective connotation in viewers mind which may or may not vary.

On the same thoughts when I talk about an art form I insist that its my subjective opinion.
The movie tries to string up the pre-independance and post-independance days with the message that "nothing has changed". We are still slaves in our democratic country - slaves to a corrupt system, slaves to our own constricted thoughts that there is some third party responsible for our country's dirt!

This escapist concept gets broken in the movie - nothing changes by being inactive but one has to rise & activate the change.

The deep underlying message to India's youth is very well camouflaged with "masti, songs and dance" - this I would say a second message that today's youth does not hold patience for any serious message!

The only point where I disagree very strongly is that to get up & do something for this country does not require any personal grounds. Infact, the "learning from the past" message that is portrayed clearly shows that in pre-independance time our youth did not need personal reasons to rise up in arms.

Whatever the way, its the right time to "arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached"(Netaji).

1 comment:

DG said...

I like it. I haven't seen the movie yet but now after reading your post my excitement has increased and I have decided to go for it today itself :)
Add a small photo of the movie in the post.. it really adds to reader's interest...

Happy Blogging